Book Selection Status: READMonth: September 2011
Genre: Historical Fiction Literature
Book of the Month: Promise Bridge
Author: Eileen Clymer Schwab
1. What did the promise bridge mean to you and how did it expand as the novel progressed?
2. Livie's move to freedom can be seen in a physical journey. Do you think Hannah and Colt discover a kind of freedom? How so?
3. Why did Hannah feel more alive in Mud Run than she did in the main house?
4. Several circumstances occur during the story that change Colt in Hannah's eyes. What instances are memorable and how did they change her perception of him as a man?
5. Elements of friendship, suspense and romance carry the story, with a few surprises along the way. How did the mix of these elements affect the pace of the story, and which plot twist did you least expect?